‘Abar Chander Pahar’ is based on Anindya Mukherjee’s curious journey from Mombasa, Kenya to the Rwenzori Mountains, aka ‘The Mountains of The Moon’ in Uganda. Inspired by Bibhuti Bhushan Bandyopadhyay’s Bengali adventure novel ‘Chander Pahar’ set in 1909 Africa, mountaineer-adventurer Anindya Mukherjee set out in 2015 in an attempt to retrace the footsteps of the classic novel’s protagonist ‘Shankar’. In this book the author offers a peek behind the curtains into some of the real history, geopolitics and actual lore that influenced Bibhuti Bhushan’s own writing, and how each piece falls into the greater puzzle-scheme of early 20th-century Africa.
Author: Anindya Mukherjee
Hard Cover, 168 Pages
Terms and Conditions
- Items once booked can’t be cancelled. Amount paid for an item is non-refundable under all circumstances.
- Orders are dispatched on every Tuesday and Friday (except for pre-orders which is according to the date mentioned).
- Speechbubble Entertainment (SBE) reserves the right to postpone a pre-order for 45 days from the date of booking, For any delay in shipment beyond 45 days, SBE will refund the pre-order money.
- The responsibility of SBE ends with handing over of the ordered items to our courier partners. Tracking numbers will be shared with the customer once the items are shipped.
- Orders are usually delivered within 3-12 days by our courier partners from the date of shipment, depending on the shipping address. However, because of the corona virus endemic, our courier partners are working with reduced staff. Also, regular parcel service of Indian Railways is yet to resume. Hence, delivery may take longer than usual.